Let’s get real here……
If you are Mom and Work from home with kids and keeping your house without any help, it’s hard getting all those daily and menial chores done, right?
With no housemaid, this lockdown period can be tedious and can take a toll on you. Being cooped up in your own place with young children with a job to do is hard enough but trying to fit in work around them as well as manage their needs, and home school them is challenging to say the least. And you don’t know how would the world go even after you get the vac-shots.
Finally, one day my friend told me about her new helper ” Robovac”, which she bought the day before. I was very excited to know that Robovac is in the shop now because I was having an EYE on her (Yes, I am calling, ‘Her’ because my daughter gave her the name LEXIE). Without delay, we bought it, and no regrets since then. It’s a small wonder for me.
It felt like it’s an optional luxury but after using it for a month now, it has grown to be a vital part of our lives.
With kids, you need to always keep your home clean, but I hate vacuuming because it’s always very noisy especially when online classes are going on.
If you are in the same boat keep reading…
Now I would like to get into the details for you all.
Set up was super easy. Snap-on the little brushes plug in the charging station. You have to download Its app from the play store or apple app store and within a few steps, the set-up is done. Within the app, you can create a schedule for when to clean.
Because I have kids… I like to vac-clean my rooms daily, especially near the dining table. So, I keep aside all my chairs in a line though it’s not necessary I do because I want thorough cleaning. As soon as I click the Start button on my tab (through the app), it starts navigating through the room managing between the furniture and other household objects, vacuuming the floor, corners, etc. Till then I finish cooking or Spend time with the kids. Either it returns to the base station after the cleaning task is done, or if discharged, returns to the deck gets charged, and resumes the work from where it left.
Now It’s time for mopping, wet the mopping cloth, insert the cloth along with the bracket slot and stick it firmly, fill it with little water in the container, attach it and press the start button and watch it mopping with minimum water consumption while reading or simply watching TV.
Since the Robovac thrash tray is quite small, we have to empty it after each use, which is easy and takes hardly 1 min. I have to clean the brushes once a week as my hair sheds too much. The vacuum comes with a small cleaning tool that makes cleaning hair from a brush easy. It won’t take much time.
After startup, Robovac moves from the charging base and automatically determines its cleaning route, following a bow-shaped cleaning method and when the entire cleaning is finished, Robovac automatically returns to its charging base.
you can select the spot cleaning mode in your app. In this mode, Robovac cleans a specific area for 2min in a special pattern. That makes me very easy especially cleaning that part where kids made a mess after playing.
Linear VS Random
The best feature I like in my Robovac Is, it travels in a linear pattern, not a haphazard way. This is important as we don’t want it to bounce around the room.
This is a standard feature in all robot vacuums, which allows the robot to detect when it has reached a near step or ledge so that it can come back and avoid tumbling down the stairs.
Before using Robovac
- Thresholds and power cords, fringes, rug tassels, and things on the floor are almost no match for her. She just rumbles right over them and if she gets stuck, stay there until we picked her up. So, avoid it. Don’t worry you will get a wire organizer with this.
- Prepare room before running Robovac by removing large pieces of debris and by keeping the dining chairs in a line or upside down on the table.
- If you want a specific room to be clean, drive her in, and close the door for a while.
- Place Physical barriers in front of fireplaces and in the areas that may cause damage.
- Always keep the charging base Plugged in, otherwise, Robovac will not automatically return to its base station.
- Fully Charge Robovac before use.
What has convinced me?
- A thorough cleaning result.
- The handy dustbin.
- Super Easy in use.
- Because of her super-slim 2.85” body, she can significantly glide under furniture and into hard-to-reach areas. Indeed, the ability to automatically clean under the dressing table, armchairs, coffee tables, what else we want.
- Anti-scratch tempered glass-top cover for protection against curious pets.
- Its rotating 2 brushes ensure to get all the debris from every corner of the house. This was one of my main concerns and it turned out to be most impressive to me.
- It justifies the cost.
There are varieties of models available these days. Choose that suits your needs and isn’t too heavy on pockets. The joy of having clean floors every day with hardly any effort is worth buying it. I can tell you without any Doubt this little Robovac is one, that I wouldn’t part with. Our Robovac saves me a solid amount of time and energy that enables me to focus on other priorities.
Are you considering getting one? Let me know what questions do you have.
Disclosure: This article contains an affiliated link, and if you go through them to make a purchase, I will earn a commission. This is not a paid review.
All images are from Google.